Sunrooms are very practical structures constructed in addition to the core house elements. People build sunrooms primarily for personal enjoyment. Whether it is hot outside, rainy, windy – sunrooms offer a safe place and shelter from where you can enjoy the weather conditions outside without being impacted by it. You can observe beautiful spring rain all around you from the comfort of your chair next to the big window.
This concept of sunrooms is becoming a global trend. As of now, it is popular in United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and across Europe. People use sunrooms for all kinds of purposes. Some of the ideas include: a place where you can relax and enjoy the view of nature, organizing events, place for children to play safely around, and many others.
Materials required to build a sunroom
It depends on what your wishes are. Typically, sunrooms can be constructed using various materials. Nevertheless, most common materials to build a sunroom include: wood, breeze block, PVC, glass and brick.
On the other hand, aluminum keeps becoming more popular primarily because it is not a heavy material, and is endurable. The roof of the sunroom is commonly built with the shingled roof materials.
Getting your sunroom underway
How you want to construct your sunroom depends entirely on you. There are numerous ways and ideas. In this article we identify six ideas as a guide to help you choose the most suitable and enjoyable sunroom for you. So, let’s start.
- The purpose of having a sunroom. This is the crucial question to ask yourself. Once you know what the purpose of your sunroom will be, the following steps will be much more exciting.
- Examine your home. Look around your home for the ideal area where you would setup the sunroom. Usually this is the area where it’s sunny for most of the day.
- Brainstorm on the design. You have the purpose, you know the place. Next thing you need is to imagine how your sunroom will look like. Try to sketch it on a piece of paper or on your computer. In addition, you can also look for catalogs to get more ideas. There are a plenty of possible solutions, and you can customize your sunroom in your own way. While you are planning on design, consider limitations of building if they exist.
- Materials. This is an important part of the process since it is closely related to the design. How you want your sunroom to look like depends on the materials you will use too. We already listed most commonly used materials; however, if you have something else on mind, we would suggest contacting professional construction companies to discuss the options.
- Windows. This is what makes a sunroom special. Big windows give you the opportunity to enjoy the view of nature even when it is not practically possible to do it from the outside (due to various weather conditions). Make sure the windows are designed in a way that allows you a beautiful and broad view for reaching maximum enjoyment. Also, check with the seller for the U-value of windows – the lower the number the more energy efficient.
- Finishing. You now have everything you need to start-up a sunroom of your own. We suggest considering professionals to make your dream sunroom come true. It is a safe option worth considering. You will in addition need electricians and plumbers to make sure your sunroom is fully functional.
Help when you need it
Whether you are seriously considering constructing a sunroom, or you just need some help with brainstorming and ideas – whatever you wish to it, we are able to help you at Murtagh Construction.